Offshore Development FAQ
Offshore Development FAQ
What are the characteristics of Lisod?
・As a customer’s exclusive development team, we perform real-time according to the customer with lab-type offshore development.
・With more than 10 years of BrSE experience and past achievements, we provide reliable services.
・Thanks to you, the repeat rate of our customers is currently 100%.
What is lab-type offshore development?
An offshore development center (ODC) is a dedicated team of software developers, engineers, and project managers located in a different country than the company’s primary location. Essentially, it’s like having a remote extension of your development team overseas.
What services does Lisod provide?
Regarding web system development, we will propose optimal design and development according to the needs of business management systems and EC sites. For application development, we will propose optimal design and development according to the needs of Android, iOS, and game development.
What is the technical level of your company's engineers? Can you ensure progress and high quality?
– About 80% of our engineers are graduated from Hanoi University of Technology and National University
– For this reason, each engineer has high technical skills in software development, proficient in languages such as Japanese, English, Chinese….
– In addition, we are constantly studying the latest technical information and always provide the latest technology.
– We adhere to ISO standards, such as ISO 27001 for information security and ISO 9001 for quality management.
I often face differences in customs and cultures, is this a problem?
・More than 30% of the team have to experience studying in Japan or working in Japan and understand the culture and manners.
・Troubles due to cultural differences can be avoided by cooperating with partner entrepreneurs not only in Japan but also in Germany, the United States, South Korea, and other countries.
・Our partner companies in Japan have been our closest partners since our founding. We have worked with 7 local companies in Japan and have been successful beyond expectations.
Lisod FAQ Co., Ltd.
What are the risks of offshore development?
Information leakage and quality assurance are mentioned, but Lisod, which has a team with more than 10 years of BrSE experience, has created a system that can follow up on such risks.
Why offshore development in Vietnam?
Since around 2000, Vietnam has been working to develop IT human resources as a country.
Offshore development in Japan used to be centered on China.
However, in recent years, due to the overheating of the Chinese economy and rising wages, offshoring to India, Vietnam, the Philippines, etc. has increased.
Is Vietnam offshore development cost cheap?
First of all, Vietnam is said to be cheaper than Japan.
Regarding the specific unit price, the unit price is about 1/2 of the market price.
Why choose Vietnam for offshore development?
1: Abundant and excellent engineer resources
The number of engineers in Vietnam continues to increase year by year, and together with the national character of being highly ambitious, serious, and diligent, Vietnam’s IT resources and technical capabilities are rapidly increasing their presence.
In recent years, 50,000 students in Vietnam have completed specialized IT courses every year, and it is said that the total number of IT engineers in the country will reach about 400,000 by 2020.
2: Excellent cost and performance
You can expect excellent cost performance in a development environment that utilizes highly skilled engineers while keeping the unit price to a certain extent.
What are the trends in offshore development?
– The shortage of resources and costs have become major problems due to the fact that IT resources cannot sufficiently keep up.
– Therefore, due to reasons such as cost and resource advantages, there is a trend to advance offshore development as a new method mainly in Asia, and this trend is becoming active in Vietnam.
– Candidates for offshore contractors are countries that have a rich labor force and can easily secure IT human resources such as system engineers (SEs). Countries that focus on developing IT human resources and have many excellent system engineers are eligible.
What is offshore development?
Offshore development is a development method that entrusts or orders development work for information systems, software, and web systems to overseas development companies and overseas subsidiaries.